If you prefer to explore the territory on foot or by bike, Valnerina valley will not disappoint you with the offer of over 300 km of trails and the fascination of the historical-artistic treasures that you will meet while walking or cycling.
From the lower Belvedere of the Marmore Falls you can walk along the trails of “Greenway del Nera”: a wide variety of walking or biking routes along the course of the river, joined together to form a ring of about 180 kilometers.
It is worth mentioning the stretch between the cascade and the junction for Preci, whose track, mostly flat, runs along the left bank of the Nera River for almost 60 kilometers.
For further information on the trails of the Grennway del Nera, maps and signage, refer to this link .
Below you will find a list of interesting websites in order to collect useful information about routes, maps, and travel times:
• useful BROCHURE about trails and itineraries around Ferentillo (Official Website Parco Fluviale del Nera);
• interesting collection of ITINERARIES with GPX maps;
• excursion routes mentioned on the tourist website of the COMUNITA’ MONTANA VALNERINA;
• collection of ITINERARIES directly from the Official Website of the Parco del Nera.
Finally, here follows the link to our excursions that we are pleased to tell you about with images and descriptions:
- Excursion to the ghost village of Umbriano