Welcome to Gran Burrone!
Gran Burrone is a guest house located in Umbria in the beautiful medieval village of Monterivoso, Ferentillo.
The property is housed in an ancient building that has been recently restructured, trying to preserve, as far as possible, the originary atmosphere and identity.
All the rooms are furnished in a warm and functional way to make our guests stay confortable and allow everyone to feel at home.
Located in the green heart of Valnerina, in the middle of the Nera Riverside Park, Gran Burrone is surrounded by amazing landscapes and natural beauties such as the spectacular Marmore Falls just 12 miles from the guesthouse.
By the way Valnerina valley means also history, art and culture that we suggest you to explore starting from Ferentillo and its ancient hamlets, the Longobard Abbey of San Pietro in Valle, the unique Mummies Museum.
Moving from Ferentillo, you can easily reach the art cities of Spoleto (30 km), Assisi (60 km), Perugia (80 km) or go along the valley to discover the beautiful villages of Alta Valnerina, including Scheggino (14 km), Santa Anatolia of Narco (18 km), Vallo di Nera (23 km).
Gran Burrone also tells something about us, Fabrizio and Cristina, our dreams, our choices, all the way to get here.
In one word, desire.
The persevering pursuit to belong to a place which condenses years of personal memories, anecdotes, important decisions and joyful moments. If nothing else, at least for all the time spent under the climbing walls, holding the rope in one hand and looking up.
But also the desire to create a special space in which people can relax or share moments with others, allowing each one to find that pleasant feeling that comes from being a guest in a cozy and familiar home.
In Gran Burrone we strongly believe:
- in the revolutionary force of a greeting, of a smile, of the courtesy of those who knock and of those who welcome;
- in mutual tolerance and collaboration, when there are different guests in the house, in order to preserve order and cleanliness of the common spaces and to provide each one a pleasant stay;
- in respecting the environment inside and outside the home door (inside the house you will find special containers for the separate collection of waste);
- in welcoming your pets just taking care not to leave them alone in the house, not to allow them access to the common areas and to responsibly handle their behavior and hygiene;
- in the beauty of this land, in its incredible richness from an environmental, historical and cultural point of view, but above all in the warm and generous nature of the people who live here.